Saturday, October 06, 2007

College Groves

I got a letter in the mail today, not THE letter (which would be the acceptance letter), but still a pretty encouraging letter from the Univeristy of Maine Farmington. Last month I applied for admission as a full time student, planning to start classes in January 2008. The letter I received today indicates that my application has been received and is being reviewed, and that I've submitted everything they need to make a decision. I've chosen Environmental Science as my major, but also want to concentrate on K-8 Education.
It's exciting to have a career direction, and it's very nice to have the support and encouragement of family. The next few years will have some challenges for all of us, but I'm energized by the possibilities this course of study opens up for me, and for all of us. Whether it is a university, community college, certificate program or community class for enrichment, it's good for all of us to continue learning. Expanding our knowledge and experience helps us stay interesting and interested in our daily travels.
College Groves comes from the Fiddler's Fakebook.

2 comments:

MaGreen said...

wow. good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good Luck!!!