Monday, December 26, 2005

Granny Will Your Dog Bite

ABSOLUTELY NOT!!
Oscar and Anna are just about the best dogs I've ever known, even if I am biased in my opinion :)
Bryan and I went up to see Oma and Opa, and the pups decided they'd like to lay on the floor and just watch over the back yard through the sliding doors. It sure is cozy in their house with the wood stove going, the smell of apple pie baking in the oven, and the cheery atmosphere of their home.

This old-time tune, Granny Will Your Dog Bite, is reported to have 'furious and wonderful energy'. Sounds like a tune I MUST learn soon! It seems there are song versions of this tune too. The original Portland Collection only lists one short verse that goes like this...

Sally, will your dog bite? No, sir, no.
Daddy cut his biter off a long time ago.

2 comments:

SK said...

Thanks for a lovely Christmas, Pam! I made a blog of my own, russianalterego.blogspot.com. See you next weekend!

Fiddler said...

Oooh, I can hardly wait to check out your blog! I'm happy to hear you had a good time, I'm so glad you were able to join us over the holiday weekend...