Saturday, July 21, 2007

My Own Home

It's nice to be home after an overnight away... We had a lot of fun playing at the Manchester NH dance, but it's also nice to be home. First order of business on this sunny Saturday afternoon was to mow the lawn and to clean out garbage/debris from the side of the shed. A coordinated effort on both our parts allowed us to accomplish both tasks in a short amount of time. Now to shower and nap, and then head out to either the Fairfield Center dance (where Richard and I will be calling next month) or to Belfast to dance to Wild Asparagus on their summer-in-Maine-tour (last night they were in North Whitefield)...
We are incredibly fortunate to be dancers, musicians, callers, and organizers in many different settings... all aspects giving us an interestingly cohesive perspective... sometimes I'm just so amazed at this wonderful life I'm living...
Oh, for those who are in on my fiddle quest, I played my "first choice from Nate" fiddle all night last night, at the encouragement of my band mates as well as by "sensing" the ease with which I could play the instrument... Overwhelmingly positive experience...
My Own Home is a lovely waltz comes from the Waltz Book, first volume.

No comments: