Sunday, August 06, 2006

Jefferson and Liberty


I find it interesting that there are so many towns in Maine that are incorporated into the names of fiddle tunes. What it tells me is that contradancing and fiddle music were a big part of the formative years of our state. Richard and I will be traveling through some of these towns later today on our way to Camp NEOFA where we'll set up our tent for Maine Fiddle Camp week. I love living in the tent, and this coming week looks especially nice for camping. There will be great food, great music and instruction, great company with familiar faces, and opportunity to meet new musicians from around the state and even from 'away'. For me, it's the perfect way to spend a summer vacation!
Jefferson and Liberty can be found in the New England Fiddler's Repertoire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice map! I like the zoomability.