Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Rolling Off a Log



I spent part of this afternoon working on a new pie crust recipe... one that would be flaky and tasty, roll out nicely, and brown up perfectly. I'm pretty happy with this one. I made this apple pie, which I'm hoping tastes good (a little different filling than I usually make). And I also made the cinnamon (dark) and orange (lighter) rolls like my mom used to make when we were little kids. She'd make them out of the leftover pie dough. At the Apple Shed, they make these out of fresh pie dough, and they sell better than hotcakes! That's where I got the idea that I wanted to try them... you may remember that Avery and I tried making some last weekend, and though they were tasty they weren't anything like the ones at the bakery. Actually these that I made today aren't as big, but they are as tasty I think. Now to work on the size! My goal is to get them right for this coming weekend~ Jen and Avery are spending the night on Friday so we can get an early start on shopping on Saturday and I want to be able to have these cinnamon rolls as a special breakfast treat for Avery!
Rolling Off A Log comes from the New England Fiddler's Repertoire.

No comments: