Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Bluegrass in the Backwoods

As I look out the window facing the forest out back, there are, much to my delight, patches of earth emerging from beneath the snow. Though we forgot to bring our lunch outside yesterday, we did manage to take a few minutes to sit in the sunshine and enjoy the mild temperatures. Today is a little more overcast, but still relatively warm and I feel a definite sense of spring. I found two crocus poking up in front of the greenhouse, the driveway is nice and muddy, and the birds are abundantly present as I walk in the afternoons!
We've had some great music in our lives lately. The DownEast Country Dance Festival featured fabulous musicians. Music friends of ours hosted a jam session at their home on Sunday, including a delicious dinner. And our own Tuesday session has seen more folks stopping in, which injects a new and exciting variety of tunes called to play. While it isn't really 'bluegrass', I liked the title of this tune as a reference to the folk music we enjoy in our own back yard, literally and figuratively.
Bluegrass in the Backwoods comes from the Fiddler's Fakebook.

No comments: