Saturday, June 02, 2007

Arghhhh


I am sick of computers! I am frustrated with new operating systems that are so different we can't figure out how to print. I'm frustrated that once we find the secret place the new menu is living, we still aren't able to figure out the new formatting so it will print the way it looks. I'm frustrated because it is impacting the things I'm working on. I can't use the scanner with the new computer because I don't yet have Adobe loaded, which means I'm unable to scan tunes into documents, which has been a great way to try out sets without printing and using paper, cutting and taping and then finding out the set doesn't work. It means I can't print dance cards to use for calling. It means considering the old-fashioned way of actually hauling around multiple tune books instead of one notebook of tune sheets, and actually writing out all the dance cards. Or, horrors, actually memorizing and learning the tunes without having anything printed to refer to, and remembering how dances go without having a card in my hand.

All of this will be figured out in a few days, I'm sure... once we load some more programs onto the computer, perhaps change the operating system, re-load drivers for scanners and printers, and then re-do the documents I've been working on this morning...

... for now, I think I'll just go play some tunes and re-focus my energies in a postive and happy way!

Arghhhh isn't any fiddle tune I know of, but, well, it conveys my current mood!

Oh, the sun just came out and I think it could be a lovely day... and Notorious is playing in Falmouth tonight so we're going to the dance... yeah, things are looking up already!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a comment!