Friday, June 29, 2007

Going to Town

fiddlehedz & friendz head into Hallowell later this morning to play a lunch program at the Cohen Center. This is a fun music presentation to an appreciative audience... only an hour long. Playing music today will be a much needed diversion from work, which gets pretty hectic sometimes! Good to have some balance in life. In fact, I was going to head into the office for a couple of hours to catch up on a few things, but decided I'd have a better day if I stayed home this morning, posted a blog, and played some fiddle... I can tell already that is a good decision, and it's going to be a fabulous day!
I had an inspiration the other day (yeah, no kidding)... I've been using fiddle tunes as post titles for a long time. I was thinking of adding in some dances to expand my choices. As a new contradance caller, it would be a nice way to become more familiar with the names of the dances. I know that using the tune titles has increased my knowledge of where tunes are and sometimes even more information. So, watch for that, coming soon!
Going to Town can be found in the Fiddler's Fakebook.

No comments: