Monday, August 13, 2007

Draggin' the Bow

Here's a photo I found on Jen's photo album that I hadn't seen posted, so I thought I'd share it with everyone... How cute is this? Avery has been much more interested in "his" kittens when he comes to visit... But every now and then he'll want to play his fiddle, and asks me to play along too... We play and sing Row Your Boat, ABC, and probably another tune or two before he loses interest... No pressure on him to play more often or longer, we want him to consider music a fun activity that we can do together... Still, I have this vision of him coming along to Maine Fiddle Camp in a few years if he's interested... He has a good sense of rhythm, and a natural love of music that will take him far, no matter what instrument he chooses...
Draggin' the Bow comes from the Fiddler's Fakebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a great morning... Gram on the fiddle and Dad on the guitar to accompany little A! This weekend I played the guitar for him and he picked up his egg and started jammin'. He's such a ham!

Fiddler said...

I love that Avery is so musical, that he just WANTS to sing and play along... And the fact that you and J support and encourage him is all the better... it'll just be part of who A is as he grows up...