Friday, August 03, 2007

Joy of My Life

I've used this post title before, but am feeling joyous today so I thought I'd use it again! I worked my last day at Club-E today and am officially gainfully alternatively employed :) I'm not really unemployed or underemployed... by choice I am taking some time to explore the world and most importantly to study some areas of interest... in particular, the fiddle. When the time comes, I'll re-enter the work-a-day world in some fashion and be happy to do so. But, for now I am joyous with the sense of freedom and wonder that probably greet a young child at the beginning of summer vacation.
In other news, I have purchased a fiddle... a fine new fiddle from Somerset Violins. It plays sweetly and suits me (even though it still smells of varnish-type-products which I have been assured will dissipate soon).
Tomorrow (Saturday August 4th) is the Wayne Fair, being held at the Ladd Recreation Center here in town. fiddlehedez & friendz will be presenting a contradance in the afternoon starting at 1:00. It is scheduled to take place outside, and is at the end of the fair so we can run it at least until 2:00 as planned, but are free to continue it until dancers & interest run out.
Sunday we head off to Maine Fiddle Camp for a week of instruction, jamming, good food, and vacation.
Joy of My Life is a tune from our binder of collected tunes. Joy comes in many forms, and I am abundantly blessed with joy that looks like home & family, sounds like wind in the trees, and tastes like sunshine :)

5 comments:

artshard said...

And you are the joy of my life!

Fiddler said...

As you are mine :)

Anonymous said...

oh, sappy sappy. Congratulations on being unemployed! How many times do you ever get to hear that?! Hope you find the time productive, relaxing, and everything else you hope it to be.

Fiddler said...

Thanks! I am planning to be productive AND relaxed... Part of my journey will be learning to balance the two!

Anonymous said...

I've listened to Richard's songs from people I know that went to Maine Fiddle Camp. Is there anyway I could hear these songs online?