Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Red Apple Rag

Isn't this a cool device? Until this week I'd never used one, but am now highly skilled because I work at the Apple Shed at Kent's Hill Orchard! My brief hiatus from the working world has been interrupted. The nice things about working at the Apple Shed are 1) it is only a 5 minute drive 2) I work with some really nice women 3) I get a free pastry every day that I work 4) all the coffee I want 5) it's a hands-on-home-made style business 6) it's part time so I can continue to focus on fiddling, writing and quilting. I love wheeling the apples around and catching the threads of skin!The Apple Shed is located at Kents Hill Orchard in Readfield. They sell apples (of course), sandwiches, pastry, pies, cider, jams, handcrafted gift items and more. And you can pick your own apples in the orchard... Macs and Cortlands are available right now.
Red Apple Rag comes from the Fiddler's Fakebook.







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a really wonderful job for you! Maybe you can play fiddle over there at lunch for people?

Fiddler said...

Um, I probably could except I'm fixing lunch for people while I'm working hahaha... It's a pretty nice little job, there are worse things to do than hang out with some nice ladies and cook food while you are talking about local stuff :)