Thursday, September 13, 2007

Shingling the Roof


Richard is shingling the roof of the main part of our house... we think these are the original shingles placed when the house was built in 1982! For anyone who knows me, they will understand when I say that being on a roof is NOT MY CUP OF TEA. It's a pretty big roof, and Richard worked all day yesterday and today on it, and wasn't quite where he wanted to be before closing up shop for a couple of days. He has class tomorrow all day, and Saturday is forecast to be rainy. So, I found my tool belt and hammer, and climbed up to help out. Actually I did pretty well though I didn't do any walking around up there (my elbows are scunned up from crawling around, haha). I was happy to be able to help do this really huge job.
Shingling the Roof is a tune that I've gotten to know at my fiddle lessons. Every Thursday I go to Canaan and study with Elaine Malkin and I love it. She's helping me with technique and rhythm, sharing tunes and stories, and generally providing me with a great education in contradance fiddling.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you decided to strip the old shingles? Did you find any nails in my shed?

Fiddler said...

Richard did decide to strip all the old shingles (good move!). The nails in your shed are 1.25" and I guess we could have used them, but we have some 1" of our own, so we'll just use yours as backup if we need them, thanks!

MaGreen said...

i love reading these posts.