Monday, November 12, 2007

Chaos in Room 6

This is not the name of a tune, but the name of a contra dance. I liked the name because it reflects my mood today. I feel like I'm in Room 6 and it's full of CHAOS, maybe the bad kind of CHAOS like the antagonists on GET SMART, and maybe I'm Agent 99... you know, the girl who's with the program and trying to hold it together, for herself anyway, while things are going crazy around her. It's just been one of those couple-of-days :) I've been fiddling my way through it though, and the music makes sense to me... thanks Kathie for a great waltz session this afternoon, and thanks Paul for staying with me this evening when other stuff was falling apart. So, all CHAOS aside, it's nice to have something great like fiddling to fall back on, and it's great to have friends to play with.
Chaos in Room 6 is a quadruple (that's right, quadruple) progression dance that I have not yet called, but think it would be a hoot with the right crowd... people moving all over the place!

No comments: