Sunday, November 04, 2007

Mary (Merry) Walker

I've been thinking about doing a walk-about, just taking a nice long walk around the neighborhood. Years ago I went trekking, and I've been on day hikes, so taking a nice long walk seemed reasonable. This afternoon was perfect... cool temperatures and bright sunshine, and a bit of a breeze. I walked for about 2 hours (maybe a little less) and covered about 6.5 miles or so... managing to go from our house over to the stretch of road between my sisters and my folks. I had a nice, fairly short visit with everyone before Kathie gave me a ride home (gets dark early here now). It felt good to just be out walking, and it's amazing the things you see when you're not whizzing by in a vehicle! And in spite of my hesitancy in going out for long walks because I don't want to take the time, it certainly took less time to do this walk than it would have taken to drive to a State Park and back. My suggestion? Just Do It :)
Mary Walker can be found in the Fiddler's Fakebook.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's been super nice weather here too.