Saturday, January 28, 2006

Twenty Eighth of January


Are you thinking 'Is that really the name of a fiddle tune?' Well, it is, believe it or not! You can find this 'Old Time' tune in the Fiddler's Fakebook... it only lists one recording and that's by the Fuzzy Mountain String Band. I looked for more information, like who wrote it and what the story was behind it. Nothing. Does anyone out there know more about this tune? It looks fun to play, starts low and then works up on the B part. I'll be trying it out today!
I somehow strained a muscle in my back this week, so I missed dancing at the NorthWhitefield fourth Friday dance last night (except for the waltz with my guy). I had a good time tending the welcome table, and chatting with people throughout the evening while listening to the music of ti'Acadie! I'm on the mend though and should be back in fine form for this next week!

No comments: