Wednesday, July 11, 2007

For My Mother Dear

Here's my first photo, taken July 4th, 1957... Today is my birthday and I am proud to say I am 50 years young! I look back over the half century I've lived so far and am so thankful for the experiences and opportunities that have been available... I'm thankful for my mom and dad first because without them there wouldn't be any "me"... And my sisters who have always been, and continue to be, my best friends... And my children who have been the light of my life... For Avery who brings new joy to this family... To Richard, my husband, for being everything I've ever wanted in a partner and enriching my life in ways I never imagined... To my friends over all the years, to casual friends with whom I've lost touch, with new friends...
It's been a joyous, sometimes difficult, always interesting adventure so far and I'm looking forward to a most amazing second half a century!
For My Mother Dear is a tune from the Waltz Book, Volume Two.

No comments: