Saturday, August 18, 2007

Haste to the Wedding

This was one of the dances we called tonight at the Victor Grange in Fairfield Center... It was a pretty small crowd to start, gradually got a little bigger, then tapered off as the evening progressed (youngsters having to get home)... Some folks who were brand new to contradancing, others who are more familiar with squares, and a good number of regular contradancers rounded out the dance floor... We actually did some dances while calling which is a bit of a challenge, but a heck of a lot of fun, and it helps round out the lines when the crowd is smaller... Music was by Hope Hoffman and Jim Berrier, lots of nice tunes to call to... We started out without a sound system, so it's a good thing I have a loud voice that carries (thanks to years of raising children, I'm sure)...
Tomorrow morning it'll be haste to another wedding as I venture to Mahwah NJ with my sisters to attend our nieces wedding... This will be a Hindu ceremony, and we'll be attired in saris... I am looking forward to this very special experience!
Haste to the Wedding is a tune from the New England Fiddler's Repertoire... The tune goes along with the dance, as do many of the old chestnuts from days gone by... It's fun to be able to call this dance, tonight was a perfect night for it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe you had time to post in between events. I wish I had half your energy.