Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Kind Sister(s)

We had a small jam session this evening... just Richard, myself and my sister Kathie. We had such a great time though, we did something totally different than our usual picking of tunes or playing of sets that we do for contradances. We chose some songs that we liked, and sang... playing various instruments as we wanted. We did a lot of different things, a Dan Fogelberg song, John Denver, and quite a few from the Rise Up Singing book. I appreciate my sisters being part of my life in so many ways whether it's a love of music and the outdoors, the comaradarie of sharing stories and experiences, of recalling childhood days... together we laugh and cry, encourage and support... it's unconditional, even when we don't totally agree, even when we're busy, even when no one else seems to be in our corner. It's great having sisters who are kind, generous, loving, and up for adventure!
Kind Sister is a waltz from the first Waltz Book.

No comments: