Monday, June 16, 2008

No Red Wing

I need to get some steel toed boots for my internship with the Conservation Corps. Kathie suggested we go to Winterport Boots in Brewer where they sell Red Wing boots - these are recommended not only by Kathie but by the Corps. We stopped at the New Balance store in Skowhegan on the way so we could see what they had to offer - they only had steel toed sneakers which aren't recommended. So, we continued on our way up the interstate. I might mention that any chance to go to the Bangor area is a welcome trip since I get to stop in and see the grandchildren. Even though Winterport Boots is NOT open on Monday - yeah, who would have guessed that!?- we had a lovely afternoon visiting with the family. Paige just gurgles and coos, occasionally stopping long enough to grin and laugh. Avery is full of stories and ideas - we constructed a cell phone tower with his tinker toys and read Dr Seuss books.
The quest for Red Wings and other items on my list of essentials will continue throughout the week. Lamey Wellehan has Wolverine steel toes that will probably work out fine if I don't get back up to Brewer, I'm not too worried about it.
Red Wing is an old tune that can be found in the Fiddler's Fakebook.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Avery loves having you come visit!

Fiddler said...

I can't really get enough of him, and Paige too... I just love how, even though she's not old enough to join in, she's appreciative of the activity!