Thursday, June 12, 2008

Sketchbook II

After a little coaxing, Richard persuaded me to go for a walk in the moonlight. The fireflies were out. I had been working on my final journal entries and a final draft of an essay, and had a hard time shifting my brain away from the work, but the break did me good - fresh air and good company.
The final Nature Writing class met at the professor's house this morning to do chores and have breakfast before sharing our journals with one another and then leaving. It seems strange to have spent so much time with this small group over the past four weeks and then to have it just be over. I think the experience impacted all of us.
After handing in my journal, I felt a little empty, like something was missing. So, I went to the store and got a few new journals to try over the summer - different weight papers. I also got some nice sketching pens with different sized tips. These two sketches are my first experiments. This particular paper holds up well with a light wash of water, but puckered quite a bit under a good dousing (the top picture). I love the pens though, I can see I'll be using them a lot.


No comments: