Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Trip To Dublin


SK left this evening on a trip to Europe! She is flying into Dublin in the morning and will be there for about a week before heading to Germany. See her blog for more details and perhaps some occasional updates depending on her internet availability.
At any rate, Richard and I had a really nice day with her as we finalized travel details, drove to Boston, and had a nice dinner. SK has spent a fair amount of time here this past month or so, and we've enjoyed her company, she is a joy to have around.
As I'm reading this post, I realize the picture and caption could be misinterpreted... Richard is staying here stateside with me! We did bring our passports and fiddles with us today in case we had a sudden uncontrollable urge to purchase tickets and leave the country, but we resisted temptation and instead are remaining focused at the present time on our land search. It was fun for a short time though to pretend we were footloose and carefree and to know that we really could choose to flee the country if we wanted to.
I have to admit that I've had strong desire to travel the world in the past. And I'm still up for the traveling, but I feel a bit more settled in at the moment... happy to be playing music, hanging out at home, seeing family.
For now, we will live vicariously through SK, and in another couple of months, through Bryan as he ventures to the wilds of Alaska. And you never know when one of these days, it will be Richard and me on the plane!

No comments: