Sunday, January 14, 2007

Whitewater

This morning I finished painting upstairs in the balcony. This allowed me to move the ladders downstairs into the living room. The first thing necessary here was to apply Kilz sealer over the blue wavy stripes. I experimented upstairs, trying to avoid using the Kilz but the stripe still showed through. After putting Kilz over the stripe up there, and then applying two coats of paint, the blue waves are finally gone up there... now to get them covered over in the vaulted area in the living room! While the Kilz dries, I'll get the books and furniture back in order upstairs... check in later for a photo of the upstairs balcony.
Kilz is a stain killer/sealer that has the consistency of Elmer's glue... really runny like white water. I wonder if it works like Elmer's... you know, like when we were kids and we'd cover our fingers with Elmer's, let it dry, and then peel it off in a plasticized layer? As long as it gets rid of the stripe, I guess I don't care too much.
Whitewater comes from the Lighthouse Collection.

No comments: