Saturday, April 07, 2007

Bunch of Chickens


There is controversy about getting chickens, ducks, or bunnies at Easter... some sales are prohibited until after the 1st of May to be sure these little creatures are purchased and raised for the right reasons. They're cute when they're little, but grow up to be adult animals that are, well, not so cute anymore. I've been tempted in the past, our local Farmer's Union often times has young chicks for sale and it's hard to keep walking past the box of peeping little chicks... but I've managed so far not to bring any home. We have been talking about getting some animals, but still feel like our lifestyle is way to hectic to allow room for a dog or similiar high-maintenance companion. I'm pretty sure we won't be getting any animals this year, but I'm gathering information for a time in the future when I'm home more and able to take care of animals the way they deserve... with tender loving attention!
I did think of getting a couple of chicks for Avery, I'm sure he would LOVE them, but I declined because I also LOVE my daughter who would probably NOT like having more animals in the household :)
Happy Easter!
Bunch of Chickens is from the Phillips Collection of Traditional American Fiddle Tunes.

No comments: