Tuesday, September 04, 2007

End of Summer

Wow, it's been a little while since a blog update! Thanks to all who check in regularly and haven't seen anything new... and continue to check in anyway. It's late summer, and there is a mile-long-list of things to do before winter, I'm sure you all have your own list started. At any rate, we are plugging away at these chores while carving out time to enjoy the season, and I think we are achieving a nice balance. It certainly does help for me to have the time to put into maintaining this great place where we live.
Today I'm cooking down tomatoes into a "Fresh Tomato Sauce", smells pretty good :) Bryan had left his juicer here, and that made the job oh so much easier, not having to remove the flesh or seeds... the juicer extracts the juice and leaves the pulp in a separate chamber. The juice goes into the pot with some sauted onions and herbs to cook down a while. I've managed to bake some yeast bread, and make some pretty tasty meals using available produce.
Yesterday, after finishing morning chores, we took advantage of the warm sunshine and used the solar shower... free hot water! Then off to Reid State Park where we walked both beaches, a nice lobster stew dinner at Richard's mom and dad's, and then a movie at RR2. The film was "Death at a Funeral", a British comedy that was all we expected and more.
Well, off to work in the gardens a bit, and then we'll host our regular Tuesday jam session this evening. It's a fine start to the end of summer!
End of Summer is a tune from the Reckless Reel.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like your background better today, much easier on the eye. Today's another fabulous day, I envy your freedom to spend it outside! I'm off tomorrow and friday, so maybe I'll get me some of that, too, if the weather stays nice.

Have a good day, see you guys on sunday!

Fiddler said...

Glad you like the look better... Still not back to where I want it, but I'm not in the mood to mess with it much, rather be outside! See ya...