Sunday, January 13, 2008

Morrison's Jig

This afternoon we went into San Francisco planning to take the boat out to Alcatraz. Not on Sunday afternoon we found out, the last boat leaves at 2:00pm and we were later than that. Not a problem, there are so many other things to see and do in the city. There are lots of street performers, my favorite today were the Morris Dancers. We stopped long enough to get a few photos.

There are Morris troupes in Maine and New England, and though it is not surprising to find them away from home, it was certainly a pleasant treat for me. I love the music and the choreography using sticks, swords, bells and handkerchiefs. We had a nice lunch and then went up to Golden Gate Park where we were again too late for our planned activity of going up in the de Young tower to view the city. Before coming out to California, I'd decided that I didn't really care if I went out touring around, my main focus was to spend a few days with Bryan, meet Erin and her family, and relax. The trip into the city was fun today, even more so as we kept modifying the plan, the best part was spending the time with Bryan and Erin :)

Posted by Picasa

No comments: