Sunday, January 27, 2008

Snowflake Hornpipe


Here's a photo of the most beautiful dance hall in the state of Maine! A wonderful wood floor that responds to every step and balance, a stage for band and caller, great acoustics thanks to some lovely design and it's not that far from wherever you are! This is the Forster Memorial Building in Strong. We invite you to visit it on Leap Day next month as we continue to help build community there through music and dance.
In other fast breaking news, I finished writing a paper today and must say, it's a LOT OF WORK to come up with a few words to express a thought! The idea is that the more writing I do over the next few months, the better at it I'll become and the easier it will be to produce something that is really good. This is a good start.
Snowflake Hornpipe comes from the New England Fiddler's Repertoire.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you're being scholarly AND updating your blog! Keep it up!

SK said...

School! What did you write about? The last paper I wrote for a class ended up in the format of a 10-page poem instead of an actual research paper...I blame mathematics for wrecking my brain, but we're still friends.