Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Meter Reader

After a day of studying, we took a break and went to Books Etc in Falmouth to hear Chris Bohjalian speak and read from The Double Bind. You may have heard me mention this author in the past, Kathie introduced me to his work and I've read all but one of his novels. He has a new one coming out in May, so that's two for me to catch up on! SK happened to hear about this event and invited us to join her- a truly enjoyable evening. Bohjalian is an articulate speaker and easy conversationalist. It was interesting to learn more about his writing style and habits, and fun to be inspired to read more, and to write!
Meter Reader can be found in the first Portland Collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is he from Maine or just traveling through?

Fiddler said...

He's on a book tour. I think lives in Vermont.