Friday, March 17, 2006

Names Escape Me


This tune comes from the Fiddle Music of PEI. Names usually do escape me... it often takes a few interactions before I really connect a name with a face. I might add this is NOT because I am getting older, I've ALWAYS been like this :)
At the dances, it is common practice to introduce yourself to your dance partner at the beginning of the dance, before any of the moves are walked through. Even after seeing some people for YEARS, I still don't remember their names. Once I establish some rapport however, some conversation about something outside of dancing, I'm pretty good at recalling their name.
There had to have been something about Richard though, because it seems like I've always known his name. I don't really remember a contradance going by where we didn't dance together.
Our new license plate arrived this week, and is riding around on the Ranger. Our 'name' shouldn't escape anyone now!

No comments: