Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Same Time Today As Yesterday


That's how I'm feeling today, as though time is at a bit of a standstill... and that not much has changed over the past twenty-four hours! In reality, things are moving along though, but this is the time I have to admit I am not very PATIENT :) I am accepting of that impatience is one of my gifts, and I'm trying to remain somewhat productive in my activities while we wait for things to be ready to purchase the house. As antsy as I feel, I know that I'm not really ready to actually move tomorrow. There will be painting and minor repairs, washing of windows and shampooing of carpets, cleaning drawers & closets... and as much as I'd like to get all of these things done before we move in, I know we'll both be very impatient when we close and we'll be spending the first night in our new home. Ahhhh, smile :)
I'm hoping no one out there will get too tired of photos of the house, and my ramblings as we approach the 'moving in'. I'll highlight different areas of the house with photographs... you'll probably feel like you've already 'been there' by the time you actually get to visit! This photograph shows the greenhouse on the south side of the house. It steps down from the dining area, and has been warm every time we've visited the house~ even those really ice cold days! We're planning to start plants for the garden, and we'll use it to re-pot and transplant house plants etc... I think we'll enjoy having morning coffee out here when the weather is to cold outside... It's a very nice feeling space!
The building inspection was done today, results should be emailed to us this evening and a hard copy mailed out tomorrow. There weren't any surprises. The house was built in 1980 and there are some things that are ready to replace and update such as the roofing shingles, refrigerator, etc. The chimneys need to be inspected and cleaned and the siding needs to be sealed. There are a couple of windows that have lost their seal and will need to have the glass replaced or whatever the glass company does to fix that problem. But, structurally the house is in good shape.
We are confident that things will progress in the timely manner that they are supposed to, and that we will be in the new house soon. It was nice to walk around inside again today, there were more things to notice, more special features that I hadn't seen before, more possibilities. The sun was warm against the southeast corner of the house near the greenhouse (the opposite side of what is shown here), and I could imagine my comfortable deck chair, me, a cup of coffee, and a bird guide. Chickadees, a woodpecker of some sort, and woodsy bird peeps were all around this morning, seemingly welcoming Richard and me, making us feel at home.
So, tomorrow I may feel the same as I do today, which in some sense is the same as yesterday... waiting, waiting, waiting. But in other respects I know we'll be one step closer to getting where we're going.

1 comment:

SK said...

i can't believe all this new house business is happening so fast for you!
you really must put a hottub in that greenhouse...