Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Marble Halls of Learning


Whether it is taking a class for credit or picking up a "How-To" book at home, learning new information or skills is as important for adults as it is for children. A lot of the things I've learned to do over the years have been self-taught, or picked up from watching someone else... and I've also taken a lot of classes and courses over my adult life. Learning something new keeps our minds sharp and our attitudes open to new ideas and ways of doing things.
Sometimes I get lost in the thinking of what I want to do when I grow up, and I don't actually engage in the act of learning something new. Sometimes I get started but am not really interested enough to keep up the momentum.
I read recently that wherever it is you find enthusiasm, when you feel your heart soar with excitement over something that inspires you, those are the things you need to do more of. I think it's a good idea, to follow your passions... and see what new places and ideas open up to you!
Anytime is a good time to pick up a new hobby, join a group or class to learn, or to pursue a new aspect of an activity about which you are enthusiastic... fall offers opportunities to START NOW by taking an adult education class at the local schools, or a college class at a university... why not consider it today?

Marble Halls of Learning
comes from Along the River.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice to see pictures and hear the stories of everyone together. Wish I could have been there!

Fiddler said...

We missed you being here...

Anonymous said...

Nice pic of Uncle Toby reading to little monkey! Looking forward to Uncle B moments with him soon!