Saturday, November 26, 2005

Cold Feet


After a long day of driving and riding, Richard and I arrived in Virginia Beach in time for dinner at the Morgan's new home. We got to see the entire family throughout the course of the evening, and then went out to sit in the hot tub. Richard and Joline dared one another to jump into the swimming pool, which they both did with squeals and quick exits... and an equally quick re-entry into the hot tub. Okay, now it's my turn but I DO NOT want to do this. Joline says it is like jumping into ice cubes, Richard says it's not too bad, and as I stand on the diving board and my feet are GOING NUMB FROM THE COLD, I decide I do NOT need to do this. Richard continues to encourage me, saying 'I know you can do it' and of course, I finally agree to give it a try. I didn't give him enough time to prepare for my jumping in, but as you can see he did get me coming out of the pool. The steam you see is real, by the way. I made it back to the hot tub just as quickly as I possibly could. How did I feel afterward? GREAT... I was really glad I didn't miss out on the experience.

No comments: