Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Wind That Shakes the Barley


The wind we experienced in Key West on Tuesday evening and Wednesday morning would have been enough to shake the barley and anything near it, which is why we are bundled up for this picture. The tent site where we stayed on Tuesday night was nice and tidy but on the small side. No kidding. I am 5 ft tall, so I laid on the ground end to end and measure, probably only about 14 feet across at the most on these sites. There was barely any room for us to walk once we got our monstrosity of a tent set up... we ended up using the sites on either side of us which worked out fine because they were empty.
It was fun to have Bryan and his pups meet up with us for a day or two of tenting and touring around. Sometimes I feel a little left out when there's 'boy talk' going around, but it's also fun to be the only girl and have these two guys looking out for me. Oh, and in case you're wondering about my hat, Robin gave me this for my birthday and it is just about my favorite thing to be wearing when the wind picks up... Bryan and Richard both wanted to know this morning if I was going to take it off for the day, haha, which I did (reluctantly) but donned it again in the evening after the sunset.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the hat - good choice Robin!!

Fiddler said...

Robin always finds the most interesting things!