Monday, November 21, 2005

The Wright Stuff


This morning, R and I woke up in Kill Devil Hills to a cloudy, wet, slightly rainy day. The surf was pretty strong, and the air smelled strongly of the sea. We stopped in at Kill Devil Hill, the site of the Wright Brothers first engine powered flight tests, visiting the museum and the other exhibits as well as driving around Kill Devil Hill itself. I'm reading a book called 'The Flyers' written by Noah Adams that I'm enjoying quite a bit. There is insight into the private lives of the Wright brothers, Wilbur and Orville, and their family. Very interesting.

After leaving this historic place, we ventured west along Rt 64 toward I-95 which we picked up outside Rocky Mt, NC. An uneventful trip down the highway finds us just off the highway exit 109 at a Holiday Inn Express, compliments of Bryan... THANK YOU SO MUCH!!! What a treat to have this room reserved and ready for us tonight. We went to dinner at a sports bar just up the road, and are now settling in for the evening. Tomorrow morning, we are anticipating an early start on a long travel day down through Georgia and Florida to the Keys. Bryan is packing up in the morning as well with the pups, and is planning to meet up with us somewhere in southern Florida. We will be traveling down I-95 and he will be going down I-75, I'm sure we'll be talking via cell phones, coordinating our meeting place.

Stay tuned for more details of the great Thanksgiving Trek of 2005...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update. . . have a Happy Thanksgiving!! I was just thinking of you when I drove past World Over Imports in Lewiston today. Aren't you something - updating your blogger even on the road!! I wish you the best in the rest of your travels. Hello to Richard and Bryan!! Love you Spammie!!

Fiddler said...

It's fun to share our travels with all of you!