Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Between Sets

As previously posted, we're just about settled here. You'd think I'd be ecstatic, but really, today I'm just exhausted! It's been a busy, productive, and wonderful few weeks and we're so happy here. But it's taken a little bit of a toll on me, and I'm sure on Richard too. I find myself this evening feeling a little cross, a little emotional, and a little bit like a working machine. Whoa! Time to slow down! I know I have mentioned that it's important to smell the roses, now it's time for me to take my own advice!
We have a beautiful home, a peaceful location, and each other... and instead of just enjoying where we are, I've allowed myself to get caught up in all the stuff that "has to get done"... and who, you might ask, is making this 'to do' list? Well, it's me of course, just me. Time to get off this merry go round and see the sights, sit back with my favorite guy, and 'be'.
The chores and the project list will always be there, but these special moments will be gone before we know it, replaced by others that may be just as nice, but certainly not the same as right now.
We're still a bit "in between" and I think that's part of my self-inflicted stress. And I'm sure it will be better once we sell the house in Augusta, but during that "in between" time, I still need to stop every now and then just to have fun, and let go of all this other stuff... rest and relax, laugh and LIVE.
Between Sets comes from the Lighthouse Collection.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I say, don't think about things being different or better once the house is sold in Augusta. You made all this happen so far, and you should definately get into the moment. Your whole goal was to be at a place that makes you happy and stress-free. So, continue on with those Sunday afternoon distractions like walks, coffee breaks with family, ..... and, as I'm finding, throw out those lists and stop planning. Let go!

SK said...

In the Russia, there is no verb that means 'to be,' which I think must be very unfortunate, for there is no chance to just 'be,' as you say, and that is probably why Russian history has been full of such strife, and why Russian women want to marry foreigners, so they can escape this perpetual state of nonexistance. So, let us thank our lucky stars that we CAN just 'be,' and have no fear of falling into stifling linguistic vaccuums.