Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Elchies



Avery's first Easter! This little man showed up with his mom and dad this morning for brunch before going to visit his other grandparents. What a sweet little boy! Little A was dressed in a baby trenchcoat (got a photo but it was pretty blurry), and the sweater vest & shirt you see here. He's signing all the time, loves to give big wet kisses, is walking much more steady, has mastered going up stairs (a little trickier coming down), and is happy interacting with everyone.

I was a good grammah and did NOT get any candy. I did however make some chewy oatmeal cookies (no nuts, no raisins) that had just a tiny little bit of pastel icing. Uncle Toby, and Avery's great-grandparents joined us as well. It was a great day.

You may be wondering what is meant by Easter Elchies, I know I was curious. Easter Elchies is a place in Scotland where Scotch Whiskey is made. There are a few different thoughts as to the translation, but the one I like the best is el che which in Gaelic means 'residence on the hill'. Fiddle Ridge is a little hill, so I thought it would be fairly appropriate to use this tune title for today's post.

Easter Elchies can be found in Jerry Holland's Collection of Fiddle Tunes.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

He such a little man! He looks so grown up in this picture. He loves the oatmeal cookies. He had yogurt and granola for breakfast yesterday - "mmmmm" he said.

Anonymous said...

I hope everyone notes that his hair looked so nice because I combed it that day!

Fiddler said...

I was telling Kathie about A's little 'fro' that got tamed for the day, haha...