Saturday, April 08, 2006

Peculiar

These are good times. As I reflect on how blessed I am, and what a great life I've lived (mistakes and all), I have to marvel at how things work out over the course of time. If anyone had asked me at the age of 20 how I thought my life would play out, it would be much different than today... and in some ways very similar.
All that I have experienced over the years has prepared me for today. It's the same for Richard, and for each and every one of us. Every day we're faced with choices that will enrich our lives, or teach us a hard lesson (which also serves as enrichment in a way). The choices we make affect our children and those we're closest to, and also make a global impact as that one choice trickles up to the world. Boggles my mind when I think about it too much :)
It's easy to think back and wish away some of the poor choices I've made, but without those bad decisions I wouldn't be where I am today. And as I get older, and build my database of observations, my choices become more focused... keeping me on track and getting me where I want to be. How happy I am that where I WANT to be is right where I AM.
Peculiar comes from the Lighthouse Collection.

No comments: