Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Far Away

Monday found me far away from home and work... well, physically anyway. I spent the day in Portland at an OSHA Compliance workshop. Part of my day job is to help maintain a safe work place. There were people at the workshop who do this on a much larger scale, with hundreds of employees... our practice is smaller and seeminly more manageable, but time to focus on safety issues is an ongoing challenge in all industry by the sounds of it.
What I really got out of the workshop is how much I like reviewing policy & procedure and making it all work in a practical sense... not just on paper, and not just to satisfy some government regulation requirement but as a tool toward having a safe work environment. Now, to get my work week re-structured to allow time and energy for keeping up with the changes :)
Far Away is in the first Waltz Book.

No comments: