Friday, March 23, 2007

Five Mile Chase

Robert Frost wrote: “My object in living is to unite my avocation and my vocation as my two eyes make one in sight”
My big question is "What will I be when I grow up?"
I'm busy thinking these days about what I LOVE doing, what I feel I'm GOOD at doing, and what I WANT to be doing in five years. I have a lot of ideas that I am trying out in my mind... a restaurant owner, a geography teacher, a dental practice management consultant, an OSHA certified trainer, a community contradance organizer & performer, a landscape artist, a potter... the list goes on and on! The fun thing is that the possibilities are only as endless as I allow them to be. The serious thing is working through these ideas to find one that fits my overall VISION of where I want to be, what I want to be doing, in five years. A Five Mile Chase of sorts. Having a personal mission statement helps sort things out... helps me identify myself... helps me be accountable as a human. I like the words of Robert Frost... in my own words, to be doing work that is not really work, but more an expression of all that I love doing.
Five Mile Chase comes from the Fiddle Music of PEI.

No comments: