Monday, January 16, 2006

Spamm-ity Spam, Wonderful Spam


Okay, not a fiddle tune, but for those of you who know Monty Python at all, you can sing along. As I spent this morning cleaning off my desk (and also taking care of an accumulated pile of papers) I came across this photo of the now famous at Club-E spam pig. I carved this creature out of a family size loaf of spam in honor of one of our Friday work themes, the Luau. Even more appealing once he was baked, this spam-pig had a bubbly-golden skin that was very tasty. Alas, no one at Club-E was interested in trying even a small bite... more for me! Spam isn't on everyone's list of favorite foods, and I probably wouldn't choose to eat it on a regular basis, but it is a real treat every now and then. I recommend the original flavor. There are some other supposedly 'healthy' choices, but it seems they have much more sodium and other ingredients, so I just go straight up myself. The motto on the front of the can? CrazyTasty Look for the signature recipes on the back of the can.

3 comments:

Fiddler said...

Aha, so you know the song... I imagine I can hear your voice :)

Anonymous said...

You have way too much time on your hands!

Tonya said...

I'm laughing my ass off!!!!!!! My eyes got HUGE when I saw the posting of this pig. I remember, clearly the day I met this carved marvel...even the CRACK in his butt!!!! The one reason I would never bring myself to eat him, is that he reminded me of the vision I had of "Piggy" in the novel, "Lord of the Flies". I was 12 when I read it!!!!!!! The memories of that book still haunt me!