Monday, April 23, 2007

Redwoods and Macrame?

Today started with a trip to Berkeley in search of a hippie style store with macrame, pottery, beads, and other assorted hand made items. Not happening. I'm not really a shopper, and I don't have a lot of interest in browsing through stores... but I was thinking it'd be a pretty fun thing to find some hand-fired pottery or something as a useful souvenir. Anyway, nothing of the sort has presented itself, so I suppose it isn't a necessary purchase.
There have been redwood trees around, lots of different areas. These trees are majestic and beautiful. After leaving Berkeley, we headed west and had lunch in Sausalito, then drove south along Route 1 through San Francisco and down the coastline. The cliffs and beaches are lovely. We headed inland through curving roads lined with redwoods, and then eventually back to Bryan's place in Danville. This will be our last evening here before heading back home.
I'm looking forward to being back in "my nest" even though I do have to work for a few days before a busy weekend. I envision having/ creating time to garden, rake, play tunes in the sunshine, walk in the woods, and dream of living off the land :) Maybe even make some quilts, macrame and beads of my own to sell at farmer's markets in between playing some nice tunes!

No comments: