Friday, December 30, 2005

Breaking Up Christmas

Ah, the last weekend of the year 2005 is upon us as we finish packing up our holiday gear. The tree decorations, the special candle sticks, the Christmas dinner napkins, the lights...
I really love this week between Christmas and New Years. The mad rushing about looking for just a few more stocking stuffers or that one more gift is thankfully over! Some time honored traditions were carried on, some discarded, and some new ones begun this season. Stockings were a bit haphazardly done, the family Christmas dinner was technically close to not being cooked, and tensions ran predictably high at times. We also had lights on the trees outside which I found peacefully cheery when I came home from work at night. We salvaged the holiday dinner at the last minute and had a grand feast in spite of the organic turkey that refused to roast! The children, grandchild, and grand-dogs gathered here and we had good quality time together. The Bluebird of Happiness graced our yard for a few days. And there is love here, the kind of love that lasts a lifetime.
The New Year approaches but has not yet arrived. The self-improvement resolutions have not been made and so there is still time to just 'BE' whoever and whatever I am, regardless of what I set out to become!
I have an idea that by early next week, I'll be on a new crusade to be the 'new and improved' Pammie, and I'm sure that will involve planning, organizing, list making, and goal setting. I will LOVE all of it because that is who I am. But for now, this week, I am happy to just BE all that I am, and all that I'm not. This is my week of limbo, and I'm going to enjoy every moment I have left of it!

No comments: