Monday, December 19, 2005

Green Table

Green Table is the name of a fiddle tune in the Portland Collection 2, and is an appropriate title for this post since it was a lovely lunch for the Green family yesterday. The menu included:
Sparkling Apple Cider
Chicken Pie
Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
Carrots, Peas, Beets
Pound Cake with Vanilla Ice Cream and Raspberries
The beautiful bouquet of flowers was compliments of Mom and Pops, as was the Chicken Pie and the beets (I had canned beets from their garden). Mmmmm. (Oh, did you catch the tablecloth? My mom gave us this to dress our holiday table, how fun!)
Update!! Richard and I played 'Green Table' this morning and I really like the tune. If anyone else out there knows it, or tries it out, let me know if you like it too!

1 comment:

Fiddler said...

Oh, it's Sparkling Apple Cider my dear... But, I do have some nice reds awaiting your arrival :) The cider was nice for lunch though~ I don't think I've ever had it and I really liked it quite a bit...