Sunday, December 11, 2005

Midnight on the Water

We just got back a little after midnight from the regular second Saturday North Yarmouth contradance... Richard and I had a great time playing at the first dance of the evening (the Family Dance) with friends... Though I've always enjoyed this particular dance, it is now just about my favorite because not only do we get to dance to great music and calling later in the evening, but we get to be on the other side of the dance floor, playing tunes and watching others dance...

It seems sometimes that I just don't get to play enough fiddle... and then I have to realize that we are playing quite a bit these days. Richard and I are lucky to share dancing and fiddling together, but we're also lucky that we have found each other... partners in the truest sense of the word. It is quite a thrill to be dancing down the floor and be in my sweetie's arms... Now if I could just create the time and space to play more each day, hmmmm, more hours in the day?

What are the activities or values that hold your relationships together?

No comments: