Friday, December 16, 2005

Up The River



These images were taken this morning along the Kennebec River Rail Trail from Augusta to Hallowell. The snow had started earlier, and the ground was lightly covered with fresh snow... temperatures just under 20'F. It was one of those times when I sensed there were photos to be taken, and as I was snapping images I really felt like theses would be pretty good. I admit, there were plenty that were nothing great, but these three seem especially nice as a set. I like how the little bits of colored leaves and berries almost seem colorizedized against a background of gray shades. We had a delicious breakfast at Slate's as our reward for our morning jaunt. As for the rest of the day, we will quite likely hang out at home, keep the little woodstove burning, and work on some computer projects as the snowflakes continue to drift around outside.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics!

Fiddler said...

Thanks! Glad you like them :)