Saturday, November 19, 2005

Crossing the Potomac


We took a short break from our car travel to stop on the northern shore of Virginia on Rt 301. It's been nice to have a break from the highway AND maintain a steady speed of more than 3 mph. There's a picnic area where you can see the river and the bridge spanning it. We stopped here to stretch, play our 'Cold Frosty' set which includes Cold Frosty Morning, Abe's Retreat, Caribou Reel, Grumbling and Growling, and Bus Stop. It has been a while since I've played these tunes, especially in succession so it was a bit of work in addition to just plain fun. There was only one other vehicle at this picnic area, and one police car that made his rounds through this afternoon... otherwise very quiet.

2 comments:

Tonya said...

You guys be safe and have an adventurous drive today! Are you still planning on going to the Keys?

I'm here at ME Medical in Portland waiting for the results of my follicle scan. Then, downstairs for blood work. I should know something later today.
Love ya!

Fiddler said...

After much deliberation, we are going to make our way to the Keys over the next few days... Let me know how your scan goes, I'm crossing my fingers, toes, arms, eyes...