Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Sandy Girl


These footprints are mine, and they were imprinted into Virginia Beach last year on the way home from my Thanksgiving vacation in Asheville NC. Asheville was pretty cold (water froze overnight where we were camping) and I remember how WARM and SUNNY it was in Virginia Beach. Two years ago I went to Florida for turkey day and got to visit the Kennedy Space Center while in the area. Thanksgiving always used to mean the whole family getting together in one place, but as my children's lives have become more busy and distances become more difficult to bridge, this holiday has come to mean VACATION TRAVEL for me. This year, Richard and I will drive to the Florida Keys for some sun, fun and relaxation. Key West is our destination, and I have borrowed some biographies from the Maine State Library about Ernest Hemingway to get a sense of the man who is so associated with that community. We are hoping to catch internet connections along the way so that we can update our blog site and keep you all abreast of our adventures. Toby has graciously agreed to house-sit for us while we're away (THANK YOU TOBY!) So, while you're here in Maine enjoying a nice turkey dinner, think of us dining on the road and walking the beaches barefoot for a while.

No comments: