Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Y Challenge

The Y has a holiday challenge going on from now through the end of the year. Members who get at least a 30 minute workout three times a week, and get their card punched a total of 21 times will go into a drawing for a $50 gift certificate to the Y.
This is my second year at the Y here in the Augusta area. I usually go to the Manchester Campus, but there is a lot to offer here in Augusta as well. I have to admit that I've slacked off since hooking up with Richard, but I'll also say that we did do some running (he is MUCH more faithful to that than I am, although I DID enjoy the run across the bridges). If you're noticing the time this post is being made, and think 'WHY is she writing ag 4:33 am!' it's because we are going to the 5:15 aerobics class to start our day. I used to meet my friend Justine at the gym, but somehow it's easy to get out of the routine and we didn't pick it back up. I like going with Richard, we keep each other motivated to get there... and Richard is a good trainer for me, teaching me more about the machines and working out in general.
Who else out there is a member of a gym? How often do you go? How do you vary your workout routine?
I know some days it DOES feel like work, but once I get there, I really enjoy working out. And I like the after effects of my body just feeling good and healthy.
Oh, I got a little present from my husband yesterday on the way to the gym... an MP3 player which he pre-loaded with songs he thought I'd really like. First on the play list? Yep, he knows me... 'Wild Thing'... followed by a Led Zeppelin set. You can just imagine how fun my workout was listening to great music!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have all the high tech toys now! I've been reviewing submittals this week for the new KV YMCA, hope you like it.

Fiddler said...

I hope so too! We were just talking last night about whether or not the Y will maintain that Manchester campus, or if it will all get incorporated into the one new facility...

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you're 'good on gym' in the a.m. :) Just kidding I love your energy at 6:30 in the morning!! I LOVE WORKING WITH YOU -gym or no gym! By the way, I am glad you have a new gym partner and I'm so happy that it is your hubby! He is lucky to have his "Wild Thing"

Fiddler said...

Justine, you're the best, I love working with you too... It's always so easy, and such high, positive energy...