Thursday, February 22, 2007

Great Big Taters in Sandy Land


My Great Big Taters are dreams... and Sandy Land is my life! I have always been a proponent of "If you're gonna dream, dream BIG!".

I've been working on my personal "Five Year Plan"... where do I want to be, what do I want to be doing... it's like creating a mental picture of your ideal life. Then, once you can articulate what that would be like, in many different aspects (financial, career, educational, physical, social, leisure activities etc) you create a time line. The time line can have tangible dates to help mark your progress... it can also have things you need to accomplish on the way. For example, if I wanted to become a shoe designer, I'd need some training to get from here to there. (Yeah, shoe designer isn't exactly what I'm shooting for, but you get the idea) It's fun to think about the future, and how I want to shape it around myself and those closest to me. I have never been the kind of person who is satisfied doing the same thing for very long unless there is challenge and personal growth. It's not really a matter of being dis-satisfied, it's more a longing to do more, to do it better, TO MAKE A DIFFERENCE,
to live my life as though it really matters!

I'll keep you posted as I develop my dream into a definite goal... I'm sure you'll all be part of the journey!

Great Big Taters in Sandy Land comes from the Phillips Collection of Traditional American Fiddle Tunes.

No comments: