Thursday, February 01, 2007

Swallowtail Reel

This is the tune that I've been working on lately... It feels Irish, and is fun to play... We're working it into a set (Richard and Paul and me) and it's coming along quite nicely... I haven't really taken the time to figure out where all my old files are yet, and I'm thinking about getting another computer but haven't totally decided.... Until then, my faithful readers will be treated to random tune titles as post titles, and my thoughts will be presented as randomly as the titles are presented :) Please be patient and kind with your comments!
Confidence and accountability run hand in hand... Without one, the other falters... Self-confidence runs hand in hand with the confidence close allies have in you... and this in turn leads to accountability for yourself as well as those people in whom I entrust my time and abilities... Any break in the cycle creates a breach in myself... When people at work question my abilities, or when my spouse questions my abilities... it creates a question in my own mind as to whether or not I am living up to my own, or others, expectations... and once the question is posed, all areas are suspect to scrutiny...
Maybe I need to swallow my own pride, and admit that I am less than excellent, and less than effective... and maybe when I do that and I am reeling from personal disappointment, and that is the point at which I can go on... Take a stand, accept all that I am... and all that I am not... and go on... Choose a direction, believe in my abilities and just do it... I'm at a personal crossroads, and I feel the need to take stock of what I can do and what I am not so good at...
Swallowtail Reel comes from the little brown book, otherwise known as the Fiddler's Repertoire.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

:) HAPPY COMMENT :)